The new list of AAdvantage reduced mileage award cities for April-July 2015 has been posted. Most of this list is made up of destinations that are firmly in their off-peak/low season so it might not be the best idea to visit the city just because it’s on this list. On the other hand,
if you already have plans to visit anyway these could be a great deal. There are a total of 112 cities listed, all of which are in the continental USA or Canada. While not all of the cities are available every month, it does look like most of them are at least available in April
A couple things to remember about booking these discounted awards:
- The good news for former Barclay’s USAirways credit card holders is that the new Barclay’s Aviator cards have been added to the list and are now eligible for the discount as well.
- You must call it in, which is unfortunate for those of us that like to do everything online!
- All destinations are within the Continental USA or Canada (bummer!). Don’t forget, though, that many AA cards also rebate up to 10,000 miles per year for AA award redemptions. It’s like having reduced mileage awards for the entire year!
- You must hold one of the (many) AA credit cards to be eligible for this discount. The type of card you have also determines whether you get a 5,000 mile discount or a 7,500 mile discount (see below)
|Cards eligible for the 7,500 mile discount||Cards eligible for the 5,000 mile discount|
|Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard®
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Visa®
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard®
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® American Express®
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select Visa®
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select MasterCard®
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard®
AAdvantage® AviatorTM Silver World Elite MasterCard®
AAdvantage® AviatorTM Red MasterCard®
AAdvantage® AviatorTM Business MasterCard®
|Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold American Express®
Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold Visa®
Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold MasterCard®
AAdvantage® AviatorTM Blue MasterCard®
How to book an AAdvantage reduced mileage awards
- Verify that you have an eligible card
- Check to see that Saver award space is available on AA. Keep in mind that saver space must be available on AA metal for this discount to apply. AA’s award search engine can be a bit confusing because it shows Alaska Air space under the saver bucket as well.
- Choose your city/month
- Call AA reservations at (800) 882-8880 to book using the discount codes below.
- 7,500 mile discount – First Class – UD21X2F / AVM26
- 7,500 mile discount – Economy – TD8X7F / AVM24
- 5,000 mile discount – First Class – UD22X5F / AVM16
- 5,000 mile discount – Economy – TD10F / AVM15
- Enjoy your discounted flight!